Monday, March 5, 2012

Meribel - Awww Yeah

Hi y'all from Meribel, France. Unfortunately, I can't count this trip as a new country. We went to France a few months ago......

In any case, we are skiing at what is touted to be the largest ski resort in the world - Les Trois Vallees. It is a 6 hour train ride southeast of London, almost at the Italian border. There are all things I love here: skiing, French wine, French food, and the language (French). We ate at the most divine Savoyarde restaurant last night. There was more raclette and cured meat on the menu than I have ever sen anywhere, and Dave had the special steak topped with seared fois gras. We may have heart attacks before we make it back to London, but at least we will die happy.


Piste map, be in awe. Snowborders beware - lots of traversing at a big place like this.

It was really warm and sunny (and slushy) yesterday, but today brought a good few inches of snow and colder temps. Thank god, the warm weather was really hurting the slopes so we are thankful for a few more inches of snow before sunny skies again later in the week. 

You have to be careful in snow like this though, major obstacles are obscured in the few inches of snow that fell. I learned this the hard way today when one of my skis caught an ice boulder. That ski stayed lodged in the ice boulder and my body flew forward. In the chaos, I managed to kick myself in the back of the head with my other ski when I hit the ground - eliciting much laughter from the douches riding the lift that was just above me (jerks). I wear a helmet when I ski at home in Tahoe and wasn't wearing one this time. I have a giant bruise on the back of my head. Not cool.

Mom - just so you know, I am buying a helmet tonight to wear the rest of the week. The kids sizes fit my small melon so they are cheap, awesome!


In other news, I saw this at a store in London and it made me laugh. I thought you would all like it too.



1 comment:

Flying Monkey said...

Amie didn't buy a helmet and wrecked multiple times after this post.